There are several providers that offer support to young people, which will help you to deal with issues and challenges that you might face. For example, you might need support with deciding what to do after leaving school after 4th year, or you might find it hard dealing with money matters by yourself. These organisations can help.

Strathmore Centre for Youth Development (SCYD)

SCYD offers help to young people (aged 16-25) in Blairgowrie, Rattray, Strathmore and The Glens who face serious barriers to work, training or further education. This includes:

  • personalised support
  • employability training
  • matched work experience

Check out SCYD’s website

The Hub ESF, Perth 

The Hub, in Perth City Centre, supports young people who face barriers to employment. This support includes:

  • helping you with your CV and interview techniques;
  • one-to-one chats to find out what kind of work would suit you;
  • support with learning challenges such as dyslexia;
  • finding jobs and volunteering opportunities that suit you;
  • helping you find a training or further education course;
  • Skills Academies where you can learn essential skills in construction or hospitality.

Check out The Hub’s website

Perth & District YMCA

The Y Futures project from YMCA Perth provides support to young people (aged 16 to 25), including:

  • one-to-one support
  • helping with core skills, confidence and communication skills
  • small group sessions
  • employability skills qualifications
  • work experience
  • help in finding more suitable work if you are “underemployed”

Visit YMCA Perth website or check them out on Facebook and Twitter

Perth Citizens’ Advice Bureau

Perth Citizens’ Advice Bureau (Perth CAB) offers advice and support on all aspects of money management. You can access this support at Perth CAB (in the city centre) or at community venues. All services are available as one-to-one chats or for groups.   

Positive Futures is suitable for people for all ages and will help you with: confidence with money, money management and budgeting, saving and borrowing, money skills for employment or self-employment, and dealing with debt.

Check out Perth CAB’S website and Facebook page

Perth & Kinross Council Welfare Rights Team

The Welfare Rights Team offers free, confidential welfare rights advice and representation. This includes:

  • Benefit checks to ensure that you are receiving your full benefit entitlement
  • Priority debts (including rent and mortgage costs, Council Tax and energy costs)
  • Adult learning
  • Digital learning
  • Banking and Credit Union services.

Find out more about the Welfare Rights service

PUSH Charity Reuse Centre

PUSH offers the i-Work programme to adults facing barriers to work. The programme helps you make progress by developing work skills in the Reuse Shop or Warehouse, such as customer service, IT skills, admin or gardening. You’ll be supported along every step by peer mentors and experienced staff.

Visit PUSH website and Facebook page

How can I get Employability or Financial help?

If you’re a young person (aged 16-25) and you’d like to get support from our Employability or Financial providers, simply visit the websites of any of the organisations we’ve listed on this page. They will give you details of how to contact them. There is often a drop-in service, too, so you don’t usually need an appointment.

You can also find them all in our two directories:
Find Employability providers
Find Financial help providers

If they need to, they can help by recommending any of the other providers to you.