Most of our provider organisations offer support to adults aged 25-64. You will be able to get this support if you face barriers to work, or if you need money advice and help. The barriers to work can include being long-term unemployed, living in an area of high unemployment, or dealing with mental health issues. These organisations can help.

The Hub

The Hub, in Perth City Centre, supports adults who face barriers to employment. The support offered includes:

  • helping you to write your CV;
  • interview techniques and mock interviews;
  • one-to-one chats to find out what kind of work would suit you;
  • support with learning challenges such as dyslexia;
  • finding jobs and volunteering opportunities that suit you;
  • Skills Academies where you can learn essential skills in construction or hospitality.


Mindspace is a mental health charity based in Perth, offering support to people with mental ill health. They have four Peer Support workers who will work alongside you, supporting you towards your goals, in a way that you’ve agreed between you. 

Peer Support workers have lived experience of mental health issues, and they draw on that to support your recovery and your personal growth. You can be supported to access education, training, volunteering and work, as well as financial advice and childcare advice.

Visit Mindspace’s website and Facebook page

Perth Citizens’ Advice Bureau

Perth Citizens’ Advice Bureau (Perth CAB) offers advice and support on all aspects of money management. You can access this support at Perth CAB (in the city centre) or at community venues. All services are available as one-to-one chats or for groups.   

Positive Futures is suitable for people for all ages and will help you with: confidence with money, money management and budgeting, saving and borrowing, money skills for employment or self-employment, and dealing with debt.

Check out Perth CAB’S website and Facebook page

Perth & Kinross Council Welfare Rights Team

The Welfare Rights Team offers free, confidential welfare rights advice and representation. This includes:

  • Benefit checks to ensure that you are receiving your full benefit entitlement
  • Priority debts (including rent and mortgage costs, Council Tax and energy costs)
  • Adult learning
  • Digital learning
  • Banking and Credit Union services.

Find out more about the Welfare Rights service

PUSH Charity Reuse Centre

PUSH offers the i-Work programme to adults facing barriers to work. The programme helps you make progress by developing work skills in the Reuse Shop or Warehouse, such as customer service, IT skills, admin or gardening. You’ll be supported along every step by peer mentors and experienced staff.

Visit PUSH website and Facebook page

How can I get Employability or Financial help?

If you’re aged 25-64 and facing serious barriers to work, you can get support from our Employability or Financial providers, simply visit the websites of any of the organisations we’ve listed on this page. They will give you details of how to contact them. There is often a drop-in service, too, so you don’t usually need an appointment.

You can also find them all in our two directories:
Find Employability providers 
Find Financial help providers 

If they need to, they can help by recommending any of the other providers to you.